Why Michigan Forward and What Do We Do?
Michigan Forward is a non-partisan, non-profit organization for progressive, forward thinking policy and initiatives. We’re committed to the progress of Michigan’s urban centers with research, training and advocacy for progressive public policy. We play a key role in advocating for the voice of Michigan’s urban centers and creating laws that build a better Michigan.
Michigan Forward does the following:
- Conduct research on Michigan public policy and its affect on Michigan’s urban centers
- Implement progressive policy initiatives for state and local governments
- Collaborate with national, state and local organizations to build Michigan’s progressive community and agenda
Become a member of Michigan Forward and join the movement for a better Michigan. As a member, you will join an engaged community and create focused on progress in Michigan from the grassroots to the treetops.
Michigan Forward Gets You Engaged & Informed
- Get Michigan Forward’s weekly e-newsletter: keeping you up-to-date on the latest policy news, opportunities & resources, events.
- Share info with our membership on upcoming events, local issues and news from your community.
- Receive members-only issue briefs, whitepapers and other publications from Michigan Forward.
- Participate in community events such as Forward Conversations and Build the Base.
- Get a print copy of our annual Urban Economic Report.
Build a Better Michigan with Policy Makers
- Shape Michigan Forward’s urban public policy agenda at our annual Urban Economic Forum.
- Training in issue advocacy and communications training for reaching out to national, state and local policymakers.
- Be heard at the national, state and local level through Michigan Forward’s policy advocacy and research.
- Track state legislation and legislators with our Politrac online public policy tool (Coming Fall 2012).